Occupational Health & Safety Policy
Capogreco Excavations is committed to providing an employment framework for improving workplace health and safety conducive to achieving the objects of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Victoria, which are as follows:
- To secure the health, safety and welfare of persons at work.
- To protect persons at work against risks to health or safety.
- To assist in securing a safe and healthy work environment.
- To eliminate, at the source, risks to the health, safety and welfare of persons at work.
- To provide for the involvement of employees and employers and associations representing employees and employers in the formulation and implementation of health and safety standards.
- It is our policy to furnish each employee with a place of employment that is free from hazards that are, or can be, responsible for injury or industrial disease and to provide a safe system of work.
In turn, we expect each employee, contractor and sub-contractor to comply with all safe working procedures, rules and regulations made known through the Capogreco Excavations OH & S Management System Manual and Specific Health and Safety Plans. Responsibility for accident prevention and the creation of proper environmental working conditions shall be accepted by all management and supervision personnel, whether Capogreco Excavations as Contractor or Sub-Contract, but also rests just as much on each individual employee. It is the policy of Capogreco Excavations to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that all employees are safe from injury and risks to health while at work.
Updated: May 2018